Hello, my name is Brandon Sweet. I'm the owner and operator of Midwest Home Inspect.
I'm a certified professional home inspector dedicated to providing the best and most thorough educational home
inspections in Forest Lake, Minnesota.
As a home inspector, I look at the home from two major perspectives; it’s a living space, safety, health and
liability concerns are considered, but it’s also an investment, so regular repairs and maintenance are
I've inspected dozens of Forest Lake, MN homes in my career and have a thorough knowledge of the area. In fact, I spent part of my childhood in Forest Lake, and love any opportunity to get back to see how things have changed.
To schedule your Forest Lake, MN inspection call, text, or email me anytime.
I provide a detailed & thorough inspection report the same day as your home inspection. Within
your inspection report I will list deficiencies as well as safety, health, and maintenance recommendations. I include
photos when I think they will be helpful, as well as illustrations.
What do I look at during a home inspection?
- Roofs, Vents, Flashings, Trim, Soffits, Eaves, Fascia, Chimneys & Drainage
- Exterior, Grading, Decks, Porches, Patios, Cladding, Walkways, Driveways, & Garages
- Structural Components, Foundations, Basements, Crawlspaces, & Attics
- Interior Plumbing Fixtures, Faucets & Main Water Shut-offs
- Electrical Panels, Breakers, Fuses, GFCIs, AFCIs, Grounding, Bonding, Main Disconnects, Outlets & Switches
- Interior Floors, Doors, Walls, Windows & Ceilings
- Insulation & Ventilation
- Heating Systems
- Air Conditioning Systems
- And More
We will do a full walkthrough of your home together. I will tell you about any health and safety
concerns, defects, and needed maintenance issues I've found during my inspection. For as long as you own your home we
can talk about your home. I'll answer any questions you may have, if I don't have an answer, I'll find one, or I'll
point you in the right direction. I'm always here to help you.
What do your home inspections cost?
My rates are simple. They are based on the Square footage of your home. Square footage is defined by both the
finished square feet above grade and foundation size, combined.
- Less than 2000 sq ft - $325
- 2000 - 2500 sq ft - $350
- 2500 - 3000 sq ft - $375
- 3000 - 3500 sq ft - $400
Forest Lake Facts:
- Settlement of Forest Lake began initially when the St. Paul and Duluth Railroad was completed in 1869.
- It grew as a resort town.
- Just west from Forest Lake are the oldest known Minnesota burial mounds. These are in the Lamprey Pass Wildlife Management Area. These were created by
Native American between 200 BC and 400 AD.
- On December 23, 1868 the Railroad between St.Paul and Wyoming saw its first train.
- Forest Lake was named Forest Lake because of the dense forests surrounding the areas lakes.
home | resources
I provide home inspections for the following Forest Lake, Minnesota zip codes: 55025, 55073.
email: hello(at)midwesthomeinspect.com | phone: 651-964-9339